Random music news for Monday, September 5, 2022
Resting from your labours today? Good. Not me, though. I worked to get you some music news for September 5, 2022.
- Too soon? A radio station in South Carolina switched to an all-Christmas music format over the weekend. But they’ll also switch back to regular programming tomorrow.
- Weezer’s next album–part of the SZNS project, will feature Rivers Cuomo’s COVID coughing.
- What’s next for the podcasting universe? Quite a lot, apparently. The future looks good.
- Ozzy is going to perform an NFL halftime show in LA this week.
- There’s still no Apple Car, but if there’s going to be one, the dashboard might look like this.
- A report on the state of the Australian music industry delivered scathing accusations of sexual harm, sexual harassment, and systemic discrimination.
- Would-be Reagan assassin John Hinckley can’t catch a break with starting his music career.
- NOFX has announced that they’re going to break up next year. “It’s been an amazing run.“
- Need a history of Aussie punk? Try this.
- Does it seem that there are more concerts than ever this year? It’s not your imagination.
- Trent Reznor has written the soundtrack for two more Hollywood movies.
- So how do you feel about emo? Let it out. (Via Walter)
- The Nirvana baby case has been thrown out of court for the last time. It’s over. Finally.
- Abbey Road Studios is finally getting a proper documentary treatment.
- Is…is…is that a David Bowie lyric across your forehead?
BONUS: Turns out stoners are getting a bum rap.
BONUS BONUS: Too soon? (Via Raven)