Published on September 7th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, September 7, 2015
This is no way for Labour Day to be later than this. Enjoy it. There is, however, still music news that needs to be disseminated.
- Canada rules the American album charts today. The Weeknd’s Beauty Behind the Madness debuts at #1 with the second-highest first-week total of 2015.
- Here’s why you don’t want to sing with a hemorrhaged vocal cord.
- Give it to Harry Styles for being a stickler for proper grammar.
- Interesting buds: Emimen and Louis Farrakhan of the Nation of Islam.
- Kevin Spacey’s brother–yes, I’m speaking of the actor–is a Rod Stewart impersonator who drives a limo in Boise, Idaho. You cannot make this shit up.
- Bob Geldof says he’ll take in four migrant families. Is Live Aid III around the corner?
- Dad dancing: it’s hot.
- Just in case you need more fire for the Guns ‘N Roses reunion rumours.
- Hey, Stones fans: Charlie Watts’ old house is up for sale.
- Is Radiohead almost ready with a new album?
- The Specials’ trombonist, Rico Rodriguez, has died at age 80.
- Here’s how 50 Cent went broke.
- Nightclubs are having a really, really difficult time staying in business in the UK.
- Here’s a great story about Steinway pianos.
- Time to catch up on all the memoirs written by female rock stars. Chrissie Hynde has one coming out this week.
- Someone is compiling a list of songs about dogs. Can you help?
- The day Freddie Mercury got a piggyback ride from Darth Vader. (Via Tom)
- A Yeezy-Taylor Swift ticket for the 2020 US presidential race? Yeezy’s into it.
- If you’ve ever seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show, you need to read this.