Simpsons sneakers. Cool. Also cool is today’s roundup of music news for April 22, 2023.
- It’s Record Store Day 2023. This Toronto store has rebranded itself for today in a strange way.
- This is the second weekend of Coachella. Would you spend US$33,000 for a VIP yurt?
- The guitar Eddie Van Halen used for “Hot for Teacher” sold at auction for US$4 million.
- Relax. It wasn’t a UFO. It was just Taylor Swift.
- Why is Culture Club on tour again? Because Boy George needs the money.
- “Social media is doomed to die” and “Social media doesn’t want music.” Discuss.
- It looks like Billy Corgan is preparing a Zwan box set.
- What are you planning to do with AR, Snapchat?
- Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider has written a novel.
- If you’re a musician, you need earplugs. Here are the best ones out there.
- Your favourite bands of the 80s are now old. Here’s visual proof.
- This cruise ship singer is eating her way around the world.
- Apparently, Britney Spears’ publisher is worried about her upcoming memoire. She spills so much dirt that they fear lawyers will eat her for lunch.
- Mandolin, the livestreaming platform born out of the pandemic, has shut down.
- The latest band to join TikTok? The Grateful Dead.
- Whoever design this Donald Trump NFT trading card didn’t know anything about guitars.
BONUS: Hovercraft. Jet engines. Maybe not a good idea.
BONUS BONUS: Everyone knows the cover. But do you know the original? (Via Tom)