Random music news for Saturday, April 9, 2022
I gotta get me one of these anti-Putin pro-Ukraine t-shirts. And this one is cool, too. (Via Oreo). Now let’s get into music news for April 9, 2022.
- Could Ukraine win Eurovision this year? They’re the bookies’ favourites.
- Rapper Kid Creole (NOT Kidd Creole of Kidd Creole and the Coconut; this guy was a founding member of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five) has been found guilty of manslaughter.
- Did this year’s Grammy Awards have any effect on streaming numbers? Let’s find out.
- “My Life with Kurt Cobain.” Discuss.
- And then there’s this: Kurt’s final days are being turned into–wait for it–an opera.
- Plus there’s going to be a TikTok musical. It’s been commissioned by TikTok. Of course.
- Rihanna is officially a billionaire.WiFi 7: It should be pretty fast.
- Here’s a look at legendary record executive Clive Davis. He’s now 90 years old.
- A good read: “The broken record: How the music industry is making sense of uncertainty and change.”
- Booking agents had a helluva time during COVID. Here’s how one agency adapted and changed.
- Meanwhile, musicians are still questioning their career choices now.]
- The guitar solo lives!
- What are you doing, Ed Sheeran?
- The government of Ireland is paying musicians a basic wage so they can be musicians.
BONUS: AAAARRGGGHHH! GROSS! (Via Tom)
@maccheesys INTRODUCING our new Deluxe Mac & Cheese Milkshake! Now available for a limited time! #maccheesy #macandcheese #cheesy #dessert #milkshakes #icecream #milkshake #freakshake #vlog #macandcheeserecipe ♬ Love You So – The King Khan & BBQ Show
BONUS BONUS: Will Smith’s anti-violence ad from 1992.