What’s with the robo calls offering bogus deals from WestJet, Marriott and Air Canada? Anyone know who’s behind this? Just askin’.
Time for some Saturday music news.
- A not-so-fond look back on the heyday of Britpop by someone who was there.
- Bono: “Let’s claim the Beatles as Irish!” What?
- Macca: “The Beatles forgot dozens of songs”
- People have noticed an increase in the number of black British folk artists. Is the next Joan Armatrading here?
- Do we really need to see the Kurt Cobain death scene photos? SPOILER: Courtney and Frances are right on this one.
- Can’t make it to Chicago for Lollapalooza this weekend? Stream some stuff!
- The bass player for Yellowcard has had a tumour removed. He’s okay.
- How many of the 30 top-viewed YouTube videos have you seen? Be honest now…
- Good: A punk band has adopted a highway in Minnesota. Funny: They’re called The Suicide Commandos.
- Katy Perry and a bunch of nuns walk into court… (Via Tom)
- Did Guns ‘N Roses just lose another guitar player?
- Will.i.am of the Black Eye Peas is worried about what we’re doing with technology.
- Only in Winnipeg, I suppose… (Tom again)
- Worst. “Happy Birthday.” Ever. (Via Brent)
- Watch Mark Ronson cover Queens of the Stone Age. Seriously. (Via Pamela)
- If you’re going to have surgery, make sure that the surgeon gets to listen to his/her favourite tunes.