Published on August 10th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, August 10, 2019
It’s officially back to school season, innit? Distract yourself from how quickly summer is passing with this look at music news for August 10, 2019.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- Google has announced that podcast episodes will now appear in Google Search–at least in the US. Cool! More details here.
- A Gene Simmons Pokemon? Apparently.
- Dude, there’s no way you did this. Someone’s done the math.
- We can give Woodstock this little victory.
- After trashing Apple for removing the 3.5 mm headphone jack from the iPhone, Samsung is doing it, too.
- How about a streaming service for ambient/electronic music? Try 9128.com.
- If you are an artist with material on Apple Music, an analytics tool is now available to you. More on that here, too.
- Are you playing the official BTS mobile game? There has been a development.
- Fascinated by the scourge of payola in the American radio industry? Read this.
- More than 20 percent of millennials report they have no friends at all. Too much screen time?
- You know who’s benefiting from the Netflix boom? Pop stars.
- Tommy Lee: Not a Trump fan.
- Taylor Swift: Not a Hillary fan.
- Want to change the speed at which your Alexa talks? Now you can.
- This is what can happen to you if you hide a cellphone up your ass.