We’re halfway through August. This isn’t good. At least Labour Day is really late this year.
Here’s your Saturday music news.
- Nickelback has cancelled all remaining dates on their current tour because of Chad Kroeger’s throat. He had an intracordal cyst removed from his vocal cords back in June. Recovery will take six to nine months.
- Pharrell’s current backstage rider is a bit…diva-esque, don’t you think?
- Who is America’s most-disliked celebrity? Here are your nominees.
- HMV is in an expansion mode. Stores are already planned for the Middle East with China, India and Australia on the list.
- AirAsia has a new global ambassador. It’s Canadian musician and producer David Foster. Wait–what?
- Hang on: Is the UK really serious about switching off FM radio?
- Would you go to a doctor who could be bribed with Justin Bieber tickets?
- If you have an iPhone and you’re really, really bored, you can do this.
- You’re telling me that the Offspring’s publishing catalogue is worth HOW MUCH?
- Having an operation? Make sure you have your favourite tunes around for your post-op recovery. They’ll help.
- Why millennials are no longer interested in going to nightclubs. This could be the start of a club crisis.
- Why do petitions involving Kanye also involve The White House?
- The six most troubled couples in music. Yes, Whitney and Bobby are here.
- Careful! Twitter might be fooling you.
- Trooper gets into the act of inviting fans on stage. (Via Danny)
- This is interesting: Charlie Rose interviews Skrillex and Diplo. One of these things is not like the other, one of these things doesn’t belong. (Via Brett)