Published on August 22nd, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, August 22, 2015
I have to install a new doorbell today. I can’t put it off any longer. I’ll start work as soon as I post this music news.
- Buck 65’s new memoir, Wicked and Weird, is definitely both–especially that bit where he was arrested in Russia.
- Bon Jovi has gone all…Mandarin? (He should rehearse this for when he plays the Singapore F1 race next month. It’ll kill.)
- Why did the LAPD search Gene Simmons’ home? The team was from the department’s Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. But before you jump to conclusions, neither Gene nor his family are subjects of the investigation.
- Streaming now accounts for–get this–72% of the recorded music market in Denmark.
- There’s a new Internet domain: .tickets. Bands like U2 are snapping up URLs.
- If you’ve ever had a bad day boating with the family, this video will resonate with you.
- The new Spotify privacy terms? No need to get excited. (Via Andy)
- The B52s and the world’s biggest Love Shack.
- Alanis Morissette talks about her struggles with eating disorders.
- Did Apple order Dr. Dre to issue an apology to the women he abused in his past?
- Is Howard Stern thinking of leaving Sirius when his contract ends in December? Is he thinking about going to Pandora or Spotify?
- Were church bells invented 15,000 years ago?