Have you been boycotting Meta products this week because of its blockage of Canadian-based news during the wildfire crisis? Whatever you do, please don’t boycott music news for August 26, 2023.
- This Noel Gallagher guitar lesson isn’t like you’d get from anyone else.
- YouTube is testing a program that will identify songs if you just hum it.
- YouTube may face billions in fines over some serious privacy charges. (Via Tom)
- Imagine being a teenager with a job at Abbey Road in the heyday of The Beatles. Like this woman.
- Ted Nugent has been kicked off Facebook? Oh, well.
- Cardi B vs. the
- Lizzo plans to countersue all those dancers who were saying mean things about her.
- Was the fire at Vancouver’s famed Buddha’s (formerly Smiling Buddha Cafe) music venue arson? Maybe.
- Apple TV+ has a new series about–wait for it–the things that can happen with online guitar lessons. (There’s a U2 connection, too.)
- A new film on Carlos Santana is getting a theatrical release. Here’s the trailer. But before you buy tickets, read this.
- The CRTC has announced it will defer any new applications for radio stations for two years as the industry figures out where it’s headed.
- On-demand listening to audio is now bigger than linear listening–at least in the US.
- The Wall Street Journal has this article entitled Metallica at Midlife: Less Alcohol, More Tofu, and a Blockbuster Tour.
- Like we didn’t see this coming…
- Remember when there was a swing revival in the 90s? No? There was. (Via Geoff)
- Jugallo Family Values. Please enjoy.
- The Offspring is up to episode three of their new podcast.
BONUS: You can now send a text to Satan.
BONUS BONUS: The history of the Chuck Norris Facts meme.
BONUS BONUS BONUS: Need a new clock? How about this one?