“Our brains exist in a state of ‘controlled hallucination.’” Discuss. Then move on to music news for August 28, 2021.
- Let’s start with something funny: The banana on the cover of the first Velvet Underground is suing because it says it was exploited.
- Kid Rock had to cancel some shows in Texas because members of his band tested positive for COVID.
- Meanwhile, this guy is an idiot.
- What’s the new battlefield in America’s culture wars? Live music.
- Is there a Rolling Stones without Charlie Watts? That’s an excellent question.
- Here’s a history of people who appeared on album covers who have sued over that.
- Kanye West is making HOW MUCH from his album listening parties?
- ABBA is back with new music and a hologram tour.
- The Reading and Leeds festivals are offering COVID vaccines to anyone who attends.
- Metallica has donated US$50,000 to help victims of the Haitian earthquake.
- The US Navy is working on a weapon that will turn your own voice against you.
- Glenn Danzig’s movie, In the House of Vampires, opened in theatres yesterday.
- More Anthrax whisky is on the way.
- I quote: “Devin Townsend is resuming work on his musical about ‘cocks and vaginas and death.’” Uh, yay?
- If you’re into podcasting, this Tascam recording rig looks really, really good.
More news? Check here.