Random music news for Saturday, August 29, 2020
Some people are really into tattoos and other body modifications. But would you have your ears removed so that your head looked more like a skull? This guy did. Whatever floats your boat, dude. Here’s music news for August 29, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: US recorded music revenues are still growing but are still at 50% of the peak of the recorded music industry in 1999.
- Coronavirus update 2: Live Nation’s “Return to Live” event has been postponed.
- Coronavirus update 3: Here’s how live music is pivoting to new methods.
- R Kelly was caught in a prison beatdown. He’s now in solitary.
- Trump fans won’t like this musical ditty found on Reddit. (Via Tom)
- Donald Trump wanted The Killers, KISS, Aerosmith, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pat Benetar Meat Loaf or Celine Dion to play his 2017 inauguration.
- And anti-Trumpers who love Leonard Cohen are upset at his using “Hallelujah.” Twice.
- I had no idea that Elton John played at Rush Limbaugh’s wedding.
- Oh, and Elton has no use for today’s pop music.
- Walmart has teamed up with Microsoft to buy TikTok. You read that right.
- What’s next for Napster? The new owners speak.
- Katy Perry has bundled an entire video game with her new album.
- Miley Cyrus has adopted a dog found by California firefighters.
- If you’re a DJ or remixer, you’re gonna love this new software.
- Having trouble with your tone? Try this gadget.
- Brandon Flowers of The Killers is hoping that the #MeToo movement will result in meaningful change.
- Apple is still doing very, very well with wireless earbuds, but…
- Hard to argue with this choice for the greatest festival moment of all time.
One thought on “Random music news for Saturday, August 29, 2020”
Pingback: Random music news for Monday, August 30, 2021 | Alan Cross