Wait: WW III was almost caused by UFOs? Apparently. Music news for August 5, 2023, is much less scary.
- How did concert tickets get so expensive? Here’s an explanation.
- There’s a big auction of the contents of Freddie Mercury’s former home. This is the latest.
- There’s some concern about the financial state of France-based streamer Deezer.
- How much longer will Spotify support a free ad-supported stream? Discuss.
- Shaggy 2 Dope of Insane Clown Posse was involved in a bad car accident. Everyone is mostly okay.
- Iron Maiden’s Nicko McBrain revealed that he suffered a stroke earlier this year. (Via Tom)
- Looking for some new furniture? Someone has used AI to design these chairs based on classic album covers.
- Should we fear AI? Read this interview.T
- Then there’s this story about how some artists are using AI for song pitches.
- And finally, where are all Grimes’ AI hits?
- Since the breakup of his marriage, Noel Gallagher is living in a hotel and “partying through pain.”
- “We have entered the self-loathing stage of the internet.” Discuss.
- Cardi B has been cleared of battery charges over that mic thing.
- Well, this looks like an interesting timesuck.
- And how about some Britpop sparkling wine from Blur’s Alex James?
BONUS: The highest-earning songs in countries around the world. Click here to embiggen.