Random music news for Saturday, August 6, 2022
Are you following the pictures from the James Webb Space Telescope? Amazing stuff, really. Slightly less amazing but almost as interesting is music news for August 6, 2022.
- Ontario’s Ever After electronic festival scheduled for next weekend is off. Organizers couldn’t get the necessary permits.
- Lady Gaga’s dog robber has been re-arrested after being released by mistake. He’s been sentenced to four years.
- Here’s how the Astroworld tragedy changed concerts forever.
- If you were ever a fan of Gary Numan, you should read this.
- John Hinckley, Ronald Reagan’s would-be assassin, is out of jail and is trying to get gigs as a musician. He can’t.
- Here’s a review of a new doc that looks at the early nightclub days of punk in NYC.
- It seems that everyone is on TikTok. See?
- Got tickets to an upcoming show? It’s a bit of a gamble, isn’t it?
- This poor Ukrainian dude has had to part with his record collection.
- But of COURSE Metallica has some new Stranger Things merch.
- The Weird Al biopic is going to premiere at TIFF.
- Oh, how Lollapalooza has changed. Here’s an example.
- And Beavis is a member of the BTS Army? Yes.
- Who’s buying all this vinyl?
- I was on the Canadian Musician podcast. Listen here.
- Another company is jumping into the let’s-buy-up-music-catalogues space.
BONUS: Just GO AWAY, bruh.
BONUS BONUS: What do we think of this particular vocal analysis? (Via Larry)