There’s a restaurant here in Oakville called August 8. I wonder if they’re busier than usual today?
Now, about that music news…
- The Flight of the Conchords are back on TV! Band meeting!
- NASA let One Direction in to shoot a video.
- There’s a new bio-pic deal in Hollywood for projects on Led Zeppelin, Coldplay and more. And did I mention the Steve Jobs opera?
- I had no idea Tiger Beat magazine still existed. But it’s getting a refresh.
- New Jersey governor and GOP presidential candidate Chris Christie has made a jazz album. No, really.
- Why Drake’s ghostwriting accusations matter more than you might think.
- There’s a jungle radio station in London? Yep.
- Stompin’ Tom now has his own commemorative pond in PEI.
- Want to buy Neil Young’s home in Hawaii? It’s for sale. (Via Michael)
- Bite-TV, the once music-focused cable channel where I used to host ExploreMusic-TV, is shutting down August 24. With the new pick’n’pay options coming to Canadian cable subscribers in the spring, this won’t be the last channel to pull the plug.
- This dad should have read the fine print before he got a One Direction tattoo. (Tom)
- This illustrates the breakup of the Beatles rather well, I think. (More Tom)