Published on December 1st, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, December 1, 2018
Four more shopping weekends until Christmas. How’s your shopping going? Let’s move to music news for Saturday, December 1, 2018.
- Wait: Ozzy nearly died because of a bad manicure?
- Audio fun: Why you can’t listen to two people talking about different things at the same time.
- Legal fun: Tommy Lee vs. Travis Scott.
- If you’re looking for a turntable, here are the picks of the best new units of 2018.
- If you’re looking to build a vinyl collection, here are 18 albums everyone should own.
- And you want to know how to listen to music more critically, read this.
- Apple Music is coming to Amazon Alexa speakers.
- The most-streamed artist in the world on Spotify is now Ariana Grande.
- This is how much the average American spends on media per year. That used to be my budget for buying records.
- VUE, the Edmonton alternative weekly, has published its last issue.
- Music festivals are on the rise in Asia.
- The music industry wants the US Government to declare “unauthorized streaming” a felony.
- There’s a proposal in Australia to put a 10% cap on the resale of concert tickets. Here’s the Labour Party’s full music platform.
- This app is a social network for short-form podcasts.
- Let’s take a look at the potential business case for melding music with VR.
- There should be more Spotify add-ons like this.
- More people seem to be gaming the Apple iTunes podcast chart.
- Paul McCartney fans should investigate this new collection.
- The Wizard of Oz? Really? Yes.
- Jay-Z doesn’t like Kanye’s MAGA hat.