Random music news for Saturday, December 12, 2020
Question: Humans have created hundreds of breeds of dogs. Why hasn’t anyone bred a dog that lives longer? Just a thought. And now some music news for December 12, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: Rick Rubin has been busted for flouting COVID-19 rules.
- Coronavirus update 2: This dude woke from a coma to find that his favourite metal musician was his respiratory therapist.
- These songs made a difference in 2020.
- Well, at least he realizes he’s annoying. (Via Sean)
- Whale music? (Sean again)
- And the best rock drummer in the world is...really?
- If you’re a blink-182 fan, check out this interview with Tom DeLonge.
- When it comes to her fear of AI, Grimes should maybe talk to her baby daddy.
- Record labels are looking to create their own “Dreams” TikTok moments. Gee, what a surprise.
- And wait: A TikTok musical? Yep.
- Do you have a Sonos system at home? You’re probably really upset at Google. (Via Peter)
- A good question: What’s the role of box sets in a world besotted by music streaming?
- Apple is killing off its Music Memos app. No, I’d never heard of it, either. But then again, I’m not a songwriter.
- The Super Bowl halftime show bubble.
- If you’re a radio person, you might want to read about this proposed new ratings system from Nielsen.
- What’s going on between FKA Twigs and Shia LeBeouf? It looks bad.