One week until Christmas. Just sayin’. And the music news just keeps on coming. Here’s what we have for December 18, 2021.
- The people who died at the Astroworld Festival last month succumbed to compression asphyxia according to the medical examiner.
- The promoters of Astroworld would like to have a word with their employees.
- Wait: Drake is responsible for 5% of Toronto’s tourism industry? (Via Houston Ron)
- Now that Bruce Springsteen has sold his music and masters to Sony, here are some suggestions how that music can be used going forward.
- Here are some interesting aspects of the Springsteen catalogue sale that have people intrigued.
- The sale of an unknown Whitney Houston song has broken NFT records.
- This is why we can’t have nice things like the metaverse.
- You can now embed a miniature version of your Instagram profile into a website.
- Rage Against the Machine’s “Killing in the Name” has been named the Number One Christmas Number One.
- Here’s a list of the best music books of 2021.
- Paul Stanley of KISS is recovering from shoulder surgery.
- Rod Stewart and his son have pleaded guilty for punching out a security guard on New Year’s Eve 2019.
- What are these Kanye-connected “GOP Operatives?”
- Dolly Parton just made the record books three more times.
More news? Check here.