The days are getting longer. Can you tell yet? This is your music news for Saturday, December 22, 2018.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- A fan of the madness around the race for British #1 at Christmas? Here’s a history of every song to reach that peak since 1952.
- Beyonce album “leak” madness. What’s happening here? (Hint: It’s some kind of fake.)
- Meanwhile, hubby Jay-Z is now the richest musician in America.
- David Lee Roth has launched a line of skincare products just for people with tattoos.
- Conspiracy fodder: Suge Knight says that Tupac once talked about faking his own death.
- If you’re fortunate enough to get tickets to Bruce Springsteen’s Broadway show, hope that this cop is out front.
- Instagram has a new type of music integration.
- Japan now has 8K broadcast TV.
- Well, that’s one way to put “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” to good use.
There’ssome weird coincidences between theme from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas. Take a listen to this.
- Smart speaker use will continue to increase in 2019. Here are some predictions.
- Has the mystery of Stonehenge been solved by the discovery of these drums?
- Neil Young has officially launched his archives service. Warning: There be subscriptions ahead.
- What’s next for Facebook after this latest privacy crisis? Let’s take a look.
- Has Bob Dylan really been on a never-ending tour for thirty years? Maybe.
- And could Thom Yorke really end up winning an Oscar? Again,
- Here’s another look at the need for more women in the music industry.
- Barack Obama sings! And with Lin-Manuel Miranda, too.