There’s music new on December 25? Absolutely.
- Here’s FYIMusicNews’ Year in Review.
- The US Congress wants to know exactly what happened at the Astroworld Festival. It has asked Live Nation for answers.
- These were the ten biggest music stories in the UK in 2021.
- That’s an interesting new guitar: a carbon fibre acoustic.
- Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You” has become the first song to have more than 3 billion streams on Spotify.
- Guns N’ Roses somehow qualified for AUS$1.35 million in federal funding from the Australian government.
- What’s “The 12 Days of Christmas” REALLY all about? Here’s an explainer.
- The Headstones are getting a nice bit of coverage in the US thanks to Hugh Dillion’s role on Yellowstone.
- A dozen new Pink Floyd live albums? Yes.
- This is fun: Quirky online radio stations. Thank you, internet!
- Oh. No. That’s not good.
- What if Wham’s “Last Christmas” was performed in the style of Rammstein? Then it might sound like this.
- “All I Want for Christmas is You” has now been streamed over a billion times on Spotify, so Mariah Carey celebrated with a Happy Meal. She surprised some McDonald’s employees at a restaurant in Aspen.
- Michael Bublé went out for some Timbiebs. (Hey, gimme a break! It’s Christmas, so it’s a slow news day.)
- And here’s the final word on Christmas music for 2021.
BONUS: Road manager Mike Lukas (@mikesontime on Instagram) was at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame when he spotted this lyric notebook once owned by Joe Strummer. Notice anything familiar?
More news? Check here.