Remember where we were two years ago? I still get triggered by those pandemic memories. Here’s hoping that in 2023, things will continue to improve, if ever so slightly. And please let prices and interest rates come down. Here’s one last look at music news with a report on December 31, 2022.
- Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler has been accused of some terrible #MeToo things. With a minor, too. And it allegedly happened in 1973.
- Morrissey: Rock’s embarrassing uncle. Discuss.
- Rock star New Year’s Eve parties can be found here.
- Speaking of New Year’s...
- You’d think that for £4 million, you’d get more than two Adele tickets.
- Courtney Love vs…Brad Pitt? Apparently?
- The Cardi B tattoo lawsuit has come to an end. Again.
- There’s another tribute event planned for Rush’s Neil Peart.
- I missed this earlier in the year: The narco-monkey (as in an actual monkey) has his own narcocorrido (Mexican drug ballad.)
- A Spongebob-themed rave? Sure. Why not?
- This rock photographer is very concerned about the health of the music scene–and the health of musicians.
- Kendrick Lamar is the featured story in this week’s New York Times Magazine.
- Eurovision: Standing up for democracy worldwide. (Via Sean)
- I’ve never heard of a gig performed from the top of a gas station before.
- Jeopardy is in trouble over a category called “Flute Rock.”
BONUS: This. (Via Pamela)