Random music news for Saturday, December 5, 2020
For reasons unknown, this earworm has been going through my head for a week. Think very carefully before you click that link. Now if you can, stick around for music news for December 5, 2020.
- Stevie Nicks just sold most of her stake in her songwriting catalogue for an estimated US$100 million.
- Scott Weiland has now been dead for five years. What’s his legacy?
- Are you a “true fan?“
- Billy Corgan has a lot of sympathy for Chris Cornell.
- A very good read: The cultural impact of the Technics SL-1200 turntable.
- The story of black metal in 14 songs.
- The 10 most important pop songs of all time.
- Ozzy has some interesting views on the language of the Bible. And he also once drugged a vicar. Accidentally, though.
- This isn’t the usual sort of crime that we hear about from the world of rap.
- Guess what, dude: You’ve already got your wish–for the time being, anyway.
- Get ready for three minute TikTok videos. Record labels are gonna want to exploit this.
- Glass Animals now have their own Instagram filter.
- Alexa is now playing nice with iOS–sort of.
- This golden retriever really likes to sing “White Christmas.”
- And finally, send a Christmas greeting using AI Santa!