Random music news for Saturday, December 8, 2018
Hopping over to the NE Caribbean Command Centre for the next week. I will, however, remain on guard for any music news. Here’s what I can report for Saturday, December 8, 2018.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- The whole #MeToo thing seems to have finally caught up with Gene Simmons of KISS.
- Here’s more on the annual debate over the lyrics of the Pogues’ “Fairytale of New York.”
- Robbie Williams is STILL having it out with his neighbour, Jimmy Page.
- Time’s “Person of the Year” is…really?
- Amazon Alexa devices will now have a conversation with you when trying to come up with the perfect playlist.
- Meanwhile, Google Assistant is improving on its newscasts.
- Radio’s top-paid hosts. I’m in the wrong country.
- Burlington, Ontario’s, Sound of Music Festival isn’t until next June, but they’re already making artist announcements.
- Here’s a chance to do some work for NASA.
- Are you a Spotify user? Time to log in to check on your listening habits over the last year.
- The news media seems to be taking a lot of cues from professional wrestling. (Via Shane)
- Here are the newest nominees for the Heavy Metal Hall of Fame.
- Vinyl collectors: Here are some picks for the top 50 records 2018.
- How about the best Canadian records of 2018?
- And Canadian indie rock from the 90s is very much alive and well.
- Metallica’s new whiskey is getting some good reviews.
- Shakira is in trouble with Spanish tax authorities.