Music news for February 18, 2023.
- Steven Tyler looks to have some serious issues when it comes to his current #MeToo problems.
- Amazon Music is now breathing down the neck of Spotify in the US.
- Meanwhile, Deezer has entered into a partnership with Sonos.
- ChatGPT seems to be pretty good when it comes to giving marketing advice to musicians.
- This new doc featuring U2 is now at the Berlin Film Festival.
- Love to hate on Ticketmaster? Before you go too far, listen to this podcast. It may change your mind. Or not. But at least you’ll be better informed.
- Any one of these photos would make a great album cover.
- The BC government is coming to the rescue of festivals.
- Fallsview Casino in Niagara Falls, Ontario, has a new 5,000 seat venue.
- This looks like a fascinating book on the history of the drum machine (and electronic percussion in general).
- Horrible. Just…horrible.
- McDonald’s loves its celebrity meals, doesn’t it? Here are the latest.
- Goth/death metal weightlifting.
- Who is going to be the first to sample these voices from hell? (TBH, this is pretty freaky.)
- BTS Lego.
- On that note, K-pop stans are influencing elections around the world.
BONUS: The good(?) old days.