Need someone to flirt with you? Try this AI voice actor. Sliding over to music news for February 19, 2022…
- RIP Dallas Good of The Sadies. He’d been recently diagnosed with a “coronary illness.” He was 48.
- Heavy Young Heathens has sued a US figure skating pair and NBC for “unauthorized use” of their song in their Olympic routine. Really?
- Spotify had a “technical glitch” that made podcasts unavailable–including Joe Rogan.
- Was Drake’s bitcoin Super Bowl bet illegal? Maybe.
- Here’s more on the collision between writing music and AI.
- Storm Eunice ripped up the roof of London’s O2 Arena.
- Amazon Music now has 55 million streaming users. Spotify should be concerned.
- Justin Bieber’s next world tour will promote things like voter registration, action on climate change, and criminal justice reform.
- The latest US “Notorious Markets Report” detailing countries that engage in piracy and counterfeiting is out. Not much about Canada this year.
- How about some 8-bit Miles Davis?
- Music for Olympic figure skating has come a long way.
- Iron Maiden plans to release some 40th anniversary commemorative cassettes.
- Healed by sound? Maybe.
- And how does music and art therapy work with brain disorders? Scientists are looking into it. (Via Andrew)
More news? Check here.