Published on February 2nd, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, February 2, 2019
Spare me the Groundhog Day references. I get it. Spare me the Groundhog Day references. I get it. Spare me the Groundhog Day references. I get it. Spare me the Groundhog Day references. I get it. Spare me the Groundhog Day references. I get it.
Here’s music news for February 2, 2019.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- How did playing the Super Bowl halftime show get so messy? It’s nuts, really.
- Pink Floyd man Roger Waters wants Maroon 5 to take a knee during their Super Bowl halftime performance. Won’t happen, of course.
- Meanwhile, Adam Levine says that “hate always comes” to those who perform at halftime.
- A fan of Super Bowl halftime show outfits? Look at this.
- It looks like Spotify wants to get deeper in the podcast world with a possible acquisition.
- Wait: Has Michael Anthony decided to join Van Halen for an original line-up reunion? (Via Tom)
- SLAYER fans are worried that Nickelback might follow through with recording a SLAYER covers album. (Tom again. He’s very unhappy about this.)
- Ace Frehley’s girlfriend says that KISS tried to have him killed back in the 70s.
- Is Spotify wiping out music’s middle class? That’s one theory.
- Meanwhile, Spotify has postponed its debut in India.
- Sony has reported 2018 revenue of $3.9 billion US of which $2.02 billion were from streaming. Yes, that’s more than half. Physical sales were down 22.3% from 2017 while paid downloads were softer by 18%.
- Here’s a good interview with Seymour Stein, the founder of Sire Records.
- A David Bowie biopic? It’s coming. His son isn’t happy. Nope. Not at all.
- But it’s underway. An actor named Johnny Flynn has been signed to play Bowie.
- If the movie does happy, we might hear about Bowie’s fear of going insane like his brother.
Stillwith Bowie, the BBC once thought he had ZERO personality.
- Back to rock biopics: Here’s why they’re so hot in the film industry right now.
- And if you were ever into infamous English curmudgeon Mark E. Smith, you need to read this.
- Ten bands with siblings at war.
- Remember the TV show Soul Train? There are some dark stories behind its host, Don Cornelius.
- Speaking of dark, The Specials’ Terry Hall has opened up about the time he was abducted by a pedophile ring when he was 12.
- 7-11 vs loiterers: Bring out the sonic weapon!
- Okay, so it was a fake Harry Styles tattoo. Let’s move on. We’re done with this.
- Want to know more about the breakup of the Beatles? Read this.