A question for Air Canada: How come when I use my 50K Aeroplan status on any other Star Alliance airline they put me in Zone 1 for seating while Air Canada–the airline where I earn most of my status points–always, always puts me in Zone 2? Just askin’…
Let’s move on to music news for February 23, 2019.
- In case you missed it. R Kelly has been charged with TEN counts of criminal sexual abuse. And he’s turned himself in.
- Jussie Smollett has been cut from the last episodes of Empire.
- Now I hate cats even more. Although maybe I should suck up to this one.
- When Alexisonfire broke up, you know what vocalist George Pettit did? He became a fireman. Meanwhile, bass player Chris Steele became a professional barber. Life after rock, right?
- It’s bad enough that my iPhone is all judgey when it comes to my weekly screen time, but do I want it to have a “moral AI?”
- Oh, Fyre Festival. We’ll be talking about you for years to come.
- Did you know that American radio stations don’t pay royalties to artists for the music they play? Just about every other country in the whole wide world does (including Canada, which pay a LOT) except the US, North Korea, and Iran. Read more here.
- You know how no one should ever attempt to cover Rage Against the Machine? Denzel Curry is an exception. (Via Danny)
- Spotify is taking aim at the spoken-word market. Companies like Audibile.com (an Amazon company) might want to pay attention.
- Here’s one way to measure the popularity of K-pop: The genre generated 5.3 billion tweets last year.
- I’m sure if he were still around, Harry Nilsson would be chuffed that his 1971 song “Gotta Get Up” saw Spotify streams jump 3,300% after being included in the Netflix series Russian Doll.
- Well, this is certainly a new twist on karaoke.
- Those Live Nation Productions projects involving Dave Grohl and David Bowie that were in jeopardy after the executive in charge was fired will go ahead after all.
- Here is an interesting reason why A Star is Born should not win the Best Picture Oscar.
- Creed’s Scott Stapp has a new deal with an Austrian metal label.
- Now you can wear Eddie Van Halen on your feet.
- The PledgeMusic payment debacle is just that: a debacle.