The story of the vomited false teeth. You read that correctly. If that’s too much for you, skip directly ahead to music news for February 26, 2022.
- Another big investment bank is getting into the business of buying music catalogues.
- On that topic, why are the major music companies using other people’s money to buy up song catalogues?
- Paul McCartney confirmed his headliner appearance at Glastonbury in a weird Wordle way.
- Britney Spears says she’s going to sue her ex-business manager. “They were trying to kill me.“
- “The Problem with Facebook Ads for Music.” Interesting.
- The Astroworld lawsuit situation continues to get more complicated.
- Slash’s top hat was a mistake. A happy one, but a mistake nonetheless.
- There was a protest by songwriters at Spotify head office in LA.
- An unpublished novel written by Leonard Cohen in 1956 will finally see the light of day this fall.
- This musician became allergic to music.
- Those Iron Maiden gigs scheduled for Kyiv and Moscow? Yeah, no.
- Jay-Z could be getting some of those perfume royalties he says he’s owed.
- Weird Al is getting his own pinball machine.
- “How Rock’n’Roll Broke Up with Booze and Drugs.”
More news? Check here.
BONUS: Want to keep your mind sharp as you age? Get a pet.
BONUS BONUS: Imagine how weird it must be for the crew aboard the ISS now. Reminds me of the movie 2010: The Year We Make Contact.