Random music news for Saturday, February 27, 2021
Can’t stand the cold? It could be genetic. Now some music news for February 27, 2021.
- Live Nation is optimistic about the return of concerts. They sold 170,00 tickets for UK festivals in just three days.
- A good thing, too, given that the UK music industry has had its worst year ever. (Mind you, it’s been the same worldwide.) (Via Sean)
- Alice Cooper remembers the glory days of Detroit rock.
- Meanwhile in Japan…
- This new book offers both career and health advice for musicians.
- UK 1, stream rippers 0.
- Brian May of Queen: “Depressed? Try gardening.”
- Lady Gaga has a real estate portfolio worth US$28 million.
- A Scientology jazz band? Yep. (Via Sean)
- See what you can afford if you’re a Chainsmoker?
- “Is there any music TikTok can’t break?” Discuss.
- A German radio DJ got in trouble for comparing BTS to the coronavirus.
- Smart glasses might be coming from Facebook later this year.
- A free tier on Apple Music? Never!
- Another interview with Merch Mercuriadis on why he’s buying up classic songs.