Random music news for Saturday, February 4, 2023
Is this a hole-in-one or one-in-a-hole? Your call. Moving on to music news for February 4, 2023…
- Australia is growing increasingly suspicious of TikTok. Can TikTok make a go of it without the major labels?
- Artist bonuses for reaching certain Spotify milestones? A good idea from Drake.
- What is it with Tay-Tay and her feet?
- Here’s the latest on Steven Tyler’s current #MetToo problem.
- Nickelback is…well, back.
- I want to play in the garage of AC/DC’s Brian Johnson. Look what he’s got!
- My god. This is…awful.
- A good question: Why are music festivals on Canadian’s west coast having such a hard time?
- This song has been banned at Welsh soccer games.
- The U.S. has issued another “notorious markets” list that points fingers at countries engaged in piracy and counterfeiting. The whole report only mentions one Canadian problem. But piracy is still an issue worldwide.
- Dolly the Vampire Slayer? Apparently.
- What’s the story with Måneskin? This.
- How to write hit songs like Max Martin.
- Lizzo has will be allowed to trademark the phrase “100% that bitch.”
- Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross have a new commission for music for a David Fincher film.
BONUS: This is weird. It’s nothing but AI-generated, animated pixel-art versions of episodes of Seinfeld.
BONUS BONUS: This webinar shows that radio still has the “lion’s share” of listening in Canada.