Be happy you don’t live in this quaint English village. Gross. What’s wrong with people? Distract yourself from the mental images now in your head by sorting through music news for February 6, 2021.
- The Weeknd’s halftime Super Bowl will take place in the stands.
- The #MeToo accusations regarding Marilyn Manson keep on coming. He’s now been dropped by his long-time manager.
- And on the topic of Manson, there are some things that need to be discussed when it comes to the reactions to this story.
- More than 40 years after it was released, people are calling for the movie Grease to be banned because it’s sexist and misogynistic. You’re just realizing that now?
- Noel Gallagher apparently has it in for…Dave Grohl?
- OUR accent is among the most annoying? Really?
- Rumours about Apple’s VR headset says it could cost US$3,000, including 8K displays and use over a dozen cameras.
- When doves die.
- Brent Wilson of Panic! At the Disco is in trouble over guns and drugs.
- “The most unknowable band in the universe.” Discuss. (Via Sean)
- TikTok competitor Triller is has run into trouble with Universal Music over not paying UMG artists for the use of their music.
- Here’s another accusation of musical plagiarism, this time launched against Cardi B.
- Golden Earring guitarist George Kooyman has been diagnosed with ALS.
- A cow named after Posh Spice sold for a record price at auction. I’m sure Ms. Beckham is flattered.
And finally, this (via Larry).