Maybe ChatGPT isn’t so smart after all. That somehow makes me feel better. Would some music news for January 21 make you feel better?
- Madonna fans in the UK are a little pissed–okay, very pissed–about ticket prices for her 40th anniversary tour.
- Fun: A history of broadcast hacks targeting radio and TV stations.
- To make ends meet, Twitter is selling off stuff from its HQ. A bird statue fetched US$100,000.
- Physicists have discovered what makes a song swing. (Via Geoff)
- Liam Gallagher claims that Noel has been calling him up “begging for forgiveness” since Noel split with his wife.
- Did you catch Anderson Cooper’s interview with Rick Rubin on 60 Minutes? Here it is.
- If you’re a radio person (and I know a lot of radio people from all over the world read this column, take a look at this possible future roadmap.
- Remember Vancouver’s Doug and the Slugs? There’s a new documentary about them.
- If Sting’s kids are hoping for an inheritance, they’re out of luck.
- The Rolling Stones are now on TikTok.
- Having trouble falling asleep at night? Maybe this analysis of Spotify “sleep music” may help.
- If you’re thinking about going back to school, how about a PhD in Electronic Music, Cultures, and Production?
- Are you a struggling musician? This new book might be able to help.
- Interested in a Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon 50th Anniversary edition? Go here.
- The price of Amazon Music is going up. Are the other streamers far behind?
- Kate Bush will soon release a book of lyrics. Select copies will contain a secret.
BONUS BONUS: Back to ChatGPT for a second. How does it work?