Published on January 23rd, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, January 23, 2016
You know what really drives me nuts? When people stop in the curb lane of a business street, oblivious to the blocks-long traffic jam they create behind them. Putting on your flashers doesn’t give you immunity from people a douchebag, geddit?
And now, the music news.
- Here come the Guns ‘N Roses documentaries…
- Rush’s Alex Lifeson is going to appear at a sketch comedy festival in Toronto in March.
- Someone proposed a law that required the captioning of song lyrics in movies. Huh?
- Universal Music is suing a New York strip club.
- This 100 year-old piano player still plays five gigs a week!
- Josh Homme and Iggy Pop are releasing an album together. You read that right. Here: stream a song.
- Every wanted to be a play-by-play broadcaster? Then read this.
- Interesting: “Why does everybody want to sound like Sia?”
- Time to start talking about Super Bowl commercials. Steven Tyler is going to be in a Skittles ad.
- There’s a new Jimi Hendrix heritage site in London.
- Here’s a new mobile podcast app that looks interesting.
- Here’s an argument that the Beatles were “as important as Bach.”
- Bob Geldof’s new thing? Tech entrepreneur.
- This has the makings of a fascinating documentary on an artist working with ten producers.