How long before someone comes up with song called “My Corona (Virus)” to the tune of “My Sharona?” It’s bound to go viral.
Let me make up for that with some solid music news for January 25, 2020.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- Is AI better than a DJ? Let’s explore that.
- Bif Naked (a cancer survivor) has launched an organic brand of CBD called MonaLisa Healing.
- The Stone Temple Pilots have canceled their North American tour because of a injury to singer Jeff Gutt.
- Payola continues to be a big problem in the US. The rules regarding it might be getting a makeover courtesy the US government.
- Wanna know why Neil Young was finally in such a hurry to become a US citizen? To vote against Trump,
- The market for smart speakers just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
- Amazon and Google have been sued again for selling bootleg recordings.
- Tay-Tay got a warm reception at the Sundance Film Festival…
- …but she’s not going to make a surprise appearance at the Grammys.
- And the Go-Go’s documentary also goes to Sundance.
- For the first time ever, the Oscars will have a female orchestra conductor.
- Carpool Karaoke has been renewed for a third season.
- The world of #MeToo, what about a Walk/Hall of Shame?
- A blimp?
- If you’re bored, you might want to try this text-based Paul McCartney game. (Via Tom)