On this day in 1998, Bill Clinton categorically stated “I did not have sexual relations for that woman.” He ended up being impeached, of course, for lying about a BJ. Ah, those innocent times.
Here’s music news for Saturday, January 26, 2019,
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- Fire at Ed Sheeran’s house!
- The keytar lives!
- Sonos may soon get into the headphone business.
- The “Song Sommelier.” Interesting twist on playlist curation…
- Fortnite is getting sued over pretty much all the dance moves in the game.
- If you’re a real estate agent, you might not want to take on Taylor Swift.
- There are concerns that some labels may be overbidding for talent on SoundCloud.
- Opinion seems to be divided on whether projects like Weezer’s “
teal” album is a good thing.
- Ozzy and Sharon: the biopic.
- Here is something I never knew about the Beatles’ “Hey Jude.” Wow.
- Thomas Dolby gives some scholarly analysis of this year’s Academy Awards’ best song nominations.
- The new controversial “Michael-Jackson-is-a-pedo” documentary premiered at Sundance. Police outnumbered protestors.
- Meanwhile, the reviews of the doc are in. Damn…
- This person has taken responsibility for Weezer going crazy with their recordings of covers.
- The Game’s new track is not going over well with Kimye. And no wonder.
- Wait! Might we see something of SpongeBob during the Super Bowl halftime show?