Published on January 26th, 2019 | by Alan Cross1
Random music news for Saturday, January 26, 2019
On this day in 1998, Bill Clinton categorically stated “I did not have sexual relations for that woman.” He ended up being impeached, of course, for lying about a BJ. Ah, those innocent times.
Here’s music news for Saturday, January 26, 2019,
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- Fire at Ed Sheeran’s house!
- The keytar lives!
- Sonos may soon get into the headphone business.
- The “Song Sommelier.” Interesting twist on playlist curation…
- Fortnite is getting sued over pretty much all the dance moves in the game.
- If you’re a real estate agent, you might not want to take on Taylor Swift.
- There are concerns that some labels may be overbidding for talent on SoundCloud.
- Opinion seems to be divided on whether projects like Weezer’s “
teal” album is a good thing.
- Ozzy and Sharon: the biopic.
- Here is something I never knew about the Beatles’ “Hey Jude.” Wow.
- Thomas Dolby gives some scholarly analysis of this year’s Academy Awards’ best song nominations.
- The new controversial “Michael-Jackson-is-a-pedo” documentary premiered at Sundance. Police outnumbered protestors.
- Meanwhile, the reviews of the doc are in. Damn…
- This person has taken responsibility for Weezer going crazy with their recordings of covers.
- The Game’s new track is not going over well with Kimye. And no wonder.
- Wait! Might we see something of SpongeBob during the Super Bowl halftime show?