Published on January 5th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, January 5, 2018
Off to Las Vegas for CES. Never been before. This should be weird, Meanwhile, here’s some music news for January 5, 2019.
- Tragically Hip fans should check out this edition of the
Hipstoriespodcast. I’m a guest.
- Want more predictions for music and pop culture in 2019? Here you go.
- And here’s a few more.
- And here’s even more (I’m included in this one).
- Following the silly controversy over the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dancing video? It just keeps backfiring on those who sought to discredit her, including new videos like this.
- Time to start talking about Record Store Day 2019. U2 might be prepping something.
- Jacob Zuma, the ex-president of South Africa, has signed a record deal. Wait–what?
- BTS cannot be stopped. The K-pop stars set another streaming record.
- Madonna has something to say about those alleged butt implants.
- This sweet old lady is the real Greta Van Fleet.
- Experts say that Madonna probably got a Brazilian bum lift.
- Ed Sheeran is in trouble with the estate of Marvin Gaye.
- Oh, Kanye. Why do you make it so hard for yourself?
- This portable all-plastic pod could make things more comfortable for people going to a festival.
- Eminem’s daughter is quite the Instagram star.
- How about an Elvis picture book?
- Interested in gawking at celebrity real estate? Go here, here, and here.