Random music news for Saturday, January 7, 2023
Looking for a new gig? Why not apply to be a “psychonaut?” You’ll explore other dimensions, apparently. I’ll stick to exploring music news for January 7, 2023, thank you.
- Multiple (10?) people were shot during a video shoot for French Montana in Miami.
- A Grammy Award-winning recording engineer was shot dead by a SWAT team in Nashville after he allegedly took his family hostage.
- A masked intruder broke into Billie Eilish’s childhood home. A suspect has been arrested.
- Celine Dion fans are so mad that she wasn’t picked for Rolling Stones’ list of the 500 singers that they’re actually picketing the magazine’s offices.
- Volkswagen unveiled an electric car (the ID 7) with paint that changes colour with music.
- And Sony and Honda have teamed up to reveal an electric car.
- Meanwhile, BMW has a new experimental vehicle with a “digital soul.”
- Nirvana will get a Lifetime Achievement Grammy this year.
- Spotify has a new “gift wrapping” feature.
- Still with Spotify, there’s an interesting lawsuit that involves Universal Music.
- Dude: Why would you make a fan touch your junk?
- Soft rock: Still very much a thing.
- A girl group called Flo won the BBC Sounds of 2023.
- Lou Reed may still be dead but he’s still publishing a new book.
- Please tell me you’re not one of these people.
- Is TikTok changing the nature of music? Discuss.
BONUS: Play darts? Watch this.