Still in Montego Bay for Reggae SumFest. Another late, late night.
Here’s what’s happening the world of music news this Saturday.
- Katy Perry would like to thank her Left Shark for her Emmy nomination.
- You can now dress as sharp as Sam Smith.
- Madonna is getting a fresh round of hate.
- The audio secrets of crying babies and car alarms.
- There’s a new petition that suggests carvings of Outkast should be added to a Confederate monument. I can get behind that.
- Techy, but also useful from a music sense in many ways: Are we near the end of Moore’s Law?
- Sanitary napkin falls out during Mexican singer’s TV appearance. Here’s how she handled it. I like this woman.
- Third Eye Blind: still with us and still taking things very seriously.
- How playlists are curating the future of music.
- Lars Ulrich things that streaming is good for music. (Via Tom)
- Did some Dalai Lama tweets lead to the cancellation of some Maroon 5 gigs in China?
- How much time do you spend watching YouTube videos on your smartphone? Forty minutes per session? Holy data plan, Batman!
- Suge Knight seems to be in bad, bad shape. Is his strange behavior the result of a brain tumour?
- A warning: don’t drink and pipe.
- Is Captain Picard a Taylor Swift fan?