Need dental work? What about booking an appointment with this guy? And what about some music news for July 29, 2023?
- The results of an autopsy on Sinead O’Connor won’t be back for several weeks.
- Eagles co-founder Randy Meisner’s cause of death was complications from COPD. (Via Andrew)
- The Descendents have canceled a European tour because frontman Milo Aukerman has suffered a heart attack.
- One of the victims of the horrible flooding in Nova Scotia was a member of a local rock band.
- Canada’s new Heritage Minister is a former alt-rocker from Montreal.
- A Tupac Shakur ring sold for US$1.016 million. That’s the most paid for any piece of hip-hop memorabilia.
- And you know who bought it? Drake.
- Elton John believes that women are the saviors of rock.
- The Offspring has a podcast! Listen while you can because they don’t have a plan.
- Sounds like Mick Jagger had a really interesting 80th birthday party.
- Facebook now has three billion active monthly users. More than two billion use it daily. It’s growing again.
- What are radio broadcasters to do about songs with bad words in them? Here’s a solution.
- A moshpit at an orchestral performance? Yep.
- What’s this new Apple patent that involves (possibly) a turntable?
- How many songwriters does it take to write a hit song today? A lot, apparently.
- Are things starting to decline over at Threads after that initial big boom? It looks like it. Like 50% down. (Via Rick J)
BONUS: Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up” in the style of The Deftones.