On “vacation” again for the next week, but that doesn’t mean the music news stops, does it? Here’s what’s happening on July 31, 2021.
- Lollapalooza, 30 years later.
- Marilyn Manson is trying to mount a defence against all those sexual assault accusations.
- Radio edits: We all hate them, but…
- A fan of Facebook? If you’re like most users, you spend half your time on videos.
- This is weird: Japan’s virtual YouTube stars…
- …and this Chinese virtual star just signed a major label deal in China.
- How big a deal is BTS to the South Korean economy? VERY big.
- Planning to launch a podcast? What are you going to call it? This AI name generator may help.
- Here’s an odd and disturbing use of Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust.”
- So how do we feel about Whitney Houston and Amy Winehouse as holograms? As this article says, “They didn’t consent to this.”
- Um, Britney?
- Here’s a fun look at the world of psychobilly. Coincidentally the saxophonist for King Kurt is now an artisan in Toronto selling beautifully refubished chess sets.
- Remember the Winklevoss twins (the Winklevii?) from the Facebook battle against Mark Zuckerberg? They now have a band.
- A serious question: “What exactly makes Nickelback’s music so popular?“
- David Hassellhoff has covered Iggy Pop. No, really.
- It looks like Shakira can face those tax evasion charges in Spain.
BONUS: This wins as the weirdest online game I’ve ever seen.