Published on July 4th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, July 4, 2015
Remember when there weren’t fears about a terrorist plot on July 4?
- A good list: 10 songs that were stolen.
- Check out this instructive article on how musicians create sound effects.
- Attention, Alice in Chains fans: The annual Layne Staley tribute event is coming up next month.
- An Arctic Monkey has bought Zooey Deschanel’s old house.
- Sales of digital albums in the UK are declining faster than the sales of CDs. The culprit? Streaming. It’s up 80% and at a record high.
- Who killed Amy Winehouse? This isn’t a conspiracy question.
- We’re pretty much done with the Peaches Geldof death investigation, too.
- Styx (the band) meets the person who discovered Styx (the moon of Pluto).
- The song of legendary bluesman Robert Johnson has died at the age of 83.
- Billie Holiday just got a special beer. A bit late, but it’s the thought that counts, right?
- Confessions of a Deadhead on this most special of weekends. Meanwhile, here’s a review of the concert that kicked things off in Chicago.
- The Internet is officially too big.
- Here are some tips and tricks on how to master Apple Music.
- And here are a few more.
- Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson gets really descriptive about his cancer. (Via Tom)
- Prince and Apple Music: Does this latest hissy fit mean anything?