If there’s a better metaphor for what’s happening in the US right now, I haven’t seen it.
Fisticuffs 😂 pic.twitter.com/KCJnnad7la— Theo Shantonas (@TheoShantonas) June 27, 2020
Moving to music news for July 4, 2020…
- Coronavirus update 1: With nothing else to do, the number of people creating podcasts has exploded. And look who’s listening the most.
- Coronavirus update 2: The Weeknd has donated $500,000 to COVID-19 efforts in Scarborough.
- Coronavirus update 3: Seriously, dude?
- Coronavirus update 4: The UK’s first socially-distanced music venue is coming this summer.
- Coronavirus update 5: Metal bands are suffering in the time of pandemic.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- This is why certain people can’t have nice things.
- A movie is being made about Beatles manager Brian Epstein.
- The UK has decided to keep AM and FM radio broadcasting until at least the end of the decade.
- How do Spotify editors pick songs for playlists? Like this.
- The NFL says it will play Black national anthem ahead of “The Star-Spangled Banner” at games this fall.
- You know which country has a great underground metal scene? Indonesia.
- Linkin Park’s “In the End” has now been streamed one billion times on YouTube.
- Having trouble growing plants around the house? Try this playlist.
- Apparently, the world’s most mispronounced word is “karaoke.”
- Looking for a name for your new band? Take some advice from these people.
- Lego…posters? (Via Andrew)
- This podcast called Release Day looks at artists and their new records.
- A good song that Donald Trump will hate: “I Want America Back.”