Published on June 13th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, June 13, 2015
It was 45 years ago today that “The Long and Winding Road” became the Beatles last #1 hit.
- Bono will be in Ottawa Monday to meet with the PM plus Justin Trudeau and Tom Mulcair. He wants to talk about NGOs in Africa. (Via Larry)
- A nightclub in Sydney, Australia, has banned all phones and cameras. Let’s not even talk about selfie sticks.
- Not everyone in NWA is happy with the upcoming bio-pic.
- One of the 70s’ biggest male rock sluts looks back on his career and has no regrets.
- Blur had a bit of a concert scare this past week in Blackpool.
- This English rock star was swindled into buying a frying pan for £2,000. Yes, a frying pan.
- The perils of having a strong currency: Apple Music is going to cost a LOT more in the UK (relatively speaking to other currencies). This is an instant where the weak looney is good for Canadian music fans.
- So this couple is having another kid. Cue the big production. Seriously?
- KISS’ Gene Simmons has a new BBC Radio 2 show.
- Not just for raves anymore: MDMA is being used to treat PTSD.
- Investors are betting $8 billion that streaming is going to prevail–and that’s just what they’re betting on Spotify.
- It’s SIR Van Morrison now.