Conspiracy theorists are going to love this: 5G Gin. Moving on: Music news for June 26, 2021.
- Mick Jagger’s lost autobiography.
- Kanye is suing Walmart over some knockoff Yeezy sneakers.
- Toronto’s Mod Club (closed since November) is reopening as The Axis Club.
- There are some long-overdue attempts at making vinyl records green.
- Snapchat has signed a deal with UMG to allow users to make videos using licensed music.
- David Byrne just bought this mansion in California…
- …and Mel B of the Spice girls is selling this place.
- As a musician, how often should you post on social media? Read this.
- Winston Marshall has left Mumford & Sons. Were his right-wing views to blame? Here’s his rather lengthy statement on the situation.
- Miley and the drag queens do Cher. This is actually pretty good. (Via Curtis)
- This Turkish artist has an unfortunate name for those of us in the west.
- Wait: Zeppelin and Sabbath once jammed together? They did. (Via Tom)
- Counterfeit guitars: A big problem. (Tom again)
- C’mon, America. Virtually every other country in the world does this for their artists.
- Here are the dates for the final USS tour. We’ll have a correspondent at the Ottawa stop. (Via Ross)
- The Max Webster Movie! (1979) (One more from Tom)
- No thanks.
BONUS: WikiFeet shows that humans have outlived their usefulness on this planet. Send in the asteroid.
More News? Check here.