Published on June 29th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, June 29, 2019
Kawhi Lenoard turns 28 today. Send him a card. Don’t forget to urge him to stay with the Raptors. And now, music news for June 29, 2019.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- It’s not your imagination: Today’s pop songs ARE shorter than ones from the past.
- The Weeknd is officially the 23rd person to be awarded a Diamond album award.
- We now know who bought David Gilmour’s famous Black Strat.
- An interesting fact: The more dirt uncovered about Michael Jackson and R Kelly, the more people stream their music.
- This is low. And disgusting. And sad.
- This drummer had a stroke onstage but finished the song before collapsing.
- Steven Adler, the former drummer for Guns N’ Roses, was hospitalized after stabbing himself in the stomach. You read that correctly. Was this a suicide attempt? No. It was an accident.
- Here’s an explanation as to why you need to care about the Universal fire that destroyed hundreds of thousands of recordings.
- If you are a fan of Fugazi, you need to look at this site.
- Ozzy and Sharon are not happy about Donald Trump using the song “Crazy Train.”
- Movie score composer Hans Zimmer is composing the sound for BMW’s new electric vehicles.
- Emo stars of the 2000s: Where are they now? Here.
- The US saw more than half a trillion audio streams in the first half of the year.
- Weird Al has dropped all Michael Jackson songs from his set.