Published on June 8th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, June 8, 2019
It’s Kanye’s 41st birthday. What sorts of OTT things are going to happen in conjunction with that? For now, though, let’s focus on music news for Saturday, June 8, 2019.
- Speaking of Kanye, fans lined up for a chance to buy his new Adidas sneakers.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- The Canadian federal government is launching an 18-month look into how broadcasting rules need to change for the Internet era.
- London, England, has a plan to boost the local live music scene.
- Cardi B canceled a festival appearance because some plastic surgery hasn’t entirely healed yet.
- Here’s what’s been happening with concert ticket sales over the last week.
- Look what song hit #1 on the Amazon chart.
- The CFL has solidified its Thursday Night Football concert series for the season. Here’s the schedule.
- Brian Wilson has had to postpone his tour because he’s feeling “mentally insecure.”
- “How to make the feel-good hit of the summer.” Discuss.
- Music-related tours to Cuba are in danger because of how the Trump administration is turning the screws on the country.
- A new gaming and music festival is coming to Las Vegas.
- The American music industry is going after more stream-ripping sites.