Published on March 10th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, March 10, 2018
On this day in 1977, we discovered rings around Uranus. Stop giggling. Here’s music news for March 10, 2018.
- Here are my weekly music picks for Global News.
- Tegan & Sara will be presented with a Governor General’s Performing Arts Award in June.
- Chester Bennington’s widow has a request for fans on how to honour what would have been his 42nd birthday.
- There is a war raging between Spotify and Apple.
- Musicians can now post tweet-like messages that will show up in Google search results.
- Study: False news spreads faster on Twitter than real nows.
- Now Warner has signed a licensing deal with Facebook. More evidence that Facebook is planning to jump into music streaming?
- Feeling sad about the end of The NME’s print run? Read this and this.
- Feeling cheated about the Smashing Pumpkins almost-but-not-quite reunion? Read this.
- Interesting question: Is music a human right?
- Are you a fan of Kate Bush? Then take a look at this playlist.
- This non-Canadian website is very impressed with Toronto’s music scene.
- Bon Iver’s manager is running for Congress.
- “Writing about music sucks but you should do it anyway.”
- This isn’t good: layoffs at Gibson Guitars.