Does anyone else find it strange that news networks will show the uncut carnage from Ukraine but if there’s any swearing in the clip they’ll bleep that out? So a “fuck” or “shit” expressed in horror is more offensive than the death of innocent people? Weird. Now let’s move on to music news for March 12, 2022.
- Here are more thoughts on the Russian invasion of Ukraine and music.
- Interesting: The White House has briefed TikTok stars on what’s going on in Ukraine.
- So why are so many artists being encouraged to sell their song catalogues? Here’s a theory.
- The opening lyric to Serbia’s Eurovision entry is “Koja li je tajna zdrave kose Meghan Markle?” In English: “What is the secret of Meghan Markle’s healthy hair?” (Via Popbitch)
- A study says that music really can chill you out and calm anxiety. Well, duh.
- Here’s something cool I did not know about AM radio.
- Remember Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem from The Muppet Show? They’re getting their own TV show.
- The Red Rocks Amphitheatre has dropped their palm scanning system that had replaced concert tickets.
- Drake is selling his California mansion. Take a look at what you can buy.
- This weird Finnish EDM performer managed to hijack an untold number of Spotify playlists.
- Another ode to the CD.
- Paul Stanley from KISS: Not a fan of Kim Kardashian.
- How rock music managed to survive two years of COVID.
- Jeezus. WHY?
more news? Check here.
BONUS: Where were you and what were you doing two years ago this weekend?