Published on March 30th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, March 30, 2019
We were supposed to be on vacation as of today, winging out way to an exotic island in Indonesia. But then the kidney stones kicked in and doctors who performed the emergency surgery are saying “Are you CRAZY? Do NOT get on that airplane!” So we’re not. Dammit.
Here’s music news for Saturday, March 30, 2019.
- Here’s how Trent Reznor inducted The Cure into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last night.
- Meanwhile, why are so few Black artists being inducted?
- A memorial was held for Prodigy man Keith Flint yesterday. It turned into a huge rave. He would have been thrilled.
- There are plans to build the UK’s largest music venue. It’s HUGE.
- An academic symposium on Prince’s Purple Rain? Makes perfect sense to me. (Via Tom)
- K-pop and organized crime: This is one crazy story unfolding in South Korea.
- Let’s address the whole sell-a-CD vs. stream-a-song issue one more time.
- Adele’s estranged father is not doing well financially. Not at all.
- This Chicago burger joint is based entirely on heavy metal themes. It’s now expanding, too.