Random music news for Saturday, March 4, 2023
Is your dog ranked as one of the best breeds for car travel? Mine are not, although both are excellent drivers. As for music news for March 4, 2023…
- RIP Pulp bass player Steve Mackay after a three month stay in the hospital. No cause of death has been announced.
- Coldplay says their new concert film will be a “mult-sensory experience.”
- Meanwhile, we have our Glastonbury headliners for 2023.
- TikTok has a new feature that will distort your personal well-being.
- The Brits continue to push back HARD on the stupid new visa fees for touring the US. (Canada is doing the same. This could destroy touring for foreign acts in America.)
- The music game Just Dance is now an Olympic esport.
- Audible just isn’t for audiobooks anymore. The company is launching a singing competition.
- Apparently Ben Affleck streaming music technology–in 2003.
- On that topic, Universal Music Group is making more than US$1 billion per quarter from streaming.
- Believe it or not, Spotify had an official “Hitler Radio” playlist.
- Is Apple Music Classical coming soon? It’s starting to look like it.
- If you murder someone, don’t rap about it if you don’t want to get caught.
- Reddit has named the best one-hit-wonders of the 90s.
- Metallica’s James Hetfield is going to star in a western called The Thicket.
- ABBA is going on tour–virtually, of course.
- Hah! You have our attention now.
- This band won’t sell merch at their next shows–and for good reason.
- This is a Bluetooth speaker?
BONUS: Theoretical presidential mullets courtesy AI.